How to disable sleep mode when closing laptop lid
- Click the Windows 10 Start Button to open the search box.
- Type Power and Sleep Settings.
- Under the Best Match option, you’ll see Power & Sleep Settings appear. Click this option to go directly to the needed menu.
- Under the Related settings section, click on Additional power settings.
- On the left-hand side of the Power Options screen, you’ll see an option that says Choose what closing the lid does. Click it.
- From there, select the behavior you’d like your laptop to use when closing the lid. In the drop-down menu, select Do Nothing.
- Click Save changes to finalize your selection and apply the changes.